Man... Long gone are the times where you embed each song down onto your webpage like a sucker. Now with this piece of blog peripheral, I no longer have to do the dirty job. Now all I have to do is to post my current tunes and give a lousy brief description of the song and expect you guys to listen and agree. Muahahaha.
Here are the lousy descriptions:
Tablo's sexy in Girl Rock.
Aizome is hauntingly beautiful and is the OST to Jigoku Shoujo. ippen shin de miru?
For Whom the Bell Tolls requires that you don't question my choice.
Brand New just wants you to lose some weight with its frighteningly majestic feel in the music. If you watched the mv, you will feel frighteningly unfit as well.
NEVER question my music taste. For I own this scene. XD
I hope you have enjoyed the songs I have uploaded and place on
my blog. You may mindlessly agree in FAQ. XD
Signed, Bee
Living Evidence
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Today is the day after the results are released.
I got ACBBBB, not knowing how I did it. On the previous night, I was convincing myself that I had my backdoor paved for me- like I went to take up all of the Australian universities prospectus. I went into the exam hoping that I scored anything from B to E, even if E represented GP. Half way through the examination hall, I convinced myself that I failed GP and I was going Aussie to start from foundation course.
I made myself the last student to get the results. The first thing I asked was,”Did I fail anything?” I was utterly appalled, relieved and elated when my teacher told me that I passed everything and quite well at that. “Even GP?” Yes, in fact your worst grade is C for Chemistry. I had her double check whether it was my name. It had to be, since there was no one else behind me. Right there, I was falling apart, my hands slightly trembling while trying to sign the obligatory form before actually receiving the results. At that point, I was detesting my elaborate signature. What happened beyond that was a blur, I ended up crying on SN's shoulder about how I didn't fail GP.
Some of my friends were disappointed with their results. I had results that were better than theirs- or from so I heard. Starting from that moment, I was convinced that there had been something seriously wrong with the marking scheme. The moment of suspicion actually started when I didn't fail GP. Then I started thinking of equity and aspirations.
I felt that I didn't deserve these miraculous grades. My teachers told me because I worked hard for it, I deserved it. But when I compare myself to my other friends who are much more consistent than I was but fared same or worse than me, I feel bad. I want to make efforts relative to the grades that people achieve... but then again, that would make me worse off. I feel uneasy when announcing my grades. It's the feeling of guilt that you have the grades that others want in order to get into their dream course but they lacked that grade. Because the system is on a bell curve, my existence in the bell curve actually robbed them of their dreams.
I know I don't have a very fantastic grades to speak of. But for someone who has never taken an exam as bad as this in her entire life, she is salvaged and saved through the amazing workings of moderation that eventually killed the hearts of her peers. Her grades now, mine, has reached excellence of its own for a people of her calibre.
She is really a miracle of her own. No one would have believed so. Her preliminary examination results were so blatantly bland- a university ranking points below 30. Her teachers told her: students can at most jump 2 grades in the actual A levels. Now she wonders if she created history- she now has 71 for ranking points.
I always felt that I had amazing exam luck. I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.
P.S. I actually found out that I wasn't as lazy as I thought I was. I found evidence of dedication amongst the packing I did for my Junior the things I was eternally rid off.
I have to thank quite a number of people for my crazy set of result. a. my mom- she supported emotionally and financially to a great extent. b. wl- she was my active study buddy for that crazy last minute slam. We stayed up nights together. c. iz- for being my consultant when I needed help. d. my teachers (all)- altho they were doing their jobs, I still thank them greatly for not holding me back a year, for writing such a marvellous examiner's report, for being comprehensible and supportive. I feel indebted to Ms Ho and sorry to both Ms Chen and Ms Leong. The reasons of which are beyond you so I shall not bother you with them. e. coffeebean and subway @ TP- I know how it is kinda retarded to applaud such venues- I thank you for putting up with such a bitch of a customer like me.
Side note: Honestly, feelings aside, are my grades good? I hate skewed results you see in school. They always don't reflect the truth.